Here are several notable cases handled by Steven L. Skahn:
- Mr. Skahn obtained a $3.1 million verdict against the Michigan Department of Corrections in a reverse discrimination case on May 18, 2001 on behalf of four plaintiffs, two white and two African-American, who each faced harassment resulting in severe emotional injury from their African-American supervisor.
- Mr. Skahn obtained a $2.5 million arbitration award for an individual contractor for breach of his consulting contract.
- Mr. Skahn obtained a $500,000 settlement for two women in a gender discrimination, hostile work environment case against a Fortune 500 company.
- Mr. Skahn obtained a $100,000 settlement for the medical neglect of a prisoner in a civil rights case against the Muskegon County Jail.
- Mr. Skahn obtained $220,000 for a pedestrian injured in an automobile case.
- Mr. Skahn obtained $250,000 for an individual injured by a defective press in a product liability case.
- Mr. Skahn has successfully handled hundreds of worker’s compensation and social security cases.